Sandra Miniere, M.Ed.
Personal Life Coach
Top Ten (or More) Tips
Twelve Tips To Live Fully At Age 50 And Beyond
1. Connection, Connection, Connection – Develop relationships that make you feel good. Reach out and touch others; allow them to share who they are with you. Deepen the intimate relationships in your life. Allow family, friends, colleagues or paid caregivers to nourish your soul.
2. Make gratitude a way of life – When disappointments happen, focus on what is working and what you do have. Each time you give thanks for something or someone, you replace lack and loss with fullness and optimism. Notice and appreciate the small things that make you feel good every day.
3. Live your life as an adventure – The eternal child in you is curious, open and adventurous. Try new things that interest you—take courses, travel, write about your life, make new friends, join a club, and so much more. Challenge the beliefs that limit you. A youthful spirit can be your companion at any age.
4. Know who you are and what you want – After 50+ years of life experiences, you know something about yourself—values, beliefs, talents, desires and priorities. The beginning of each new decade is a time to assess what makes you feel positive and alive. Revisit your values and reinvent yourself: Assess work, financial security, relationships, leisure, travel, leadership and/or education.
5. Actively pursue your vision and goals – Once you are clear about what you want, create goals that feel exciting to you. You will be motivated and inspired to accomplish them. Once the goal is specific and clear, develop an action plan to accomplish it. As you take small steps in a purposeful direction, you will achieve your vision and goals with ease. Design the next chapter of your life.
6. Be aware of your options throughout the aging process – Identify the community services, government assistance and service providers that are available to help you manage your finances, health, well-being, spirituality and environment. Reach out to those who can guide and encourage you to make courageous decisions that affect your future.
7. Focus on the here and now – Let go of the past and make the most of each day. Release your past with love and acceptance—not resentments, critical judgments and regrets. You cannot change the past; do not allow it to contaminate your today and tomorrow. Live fully today and move forward with optimism. Focus on how you can continually add value to your life at any age.
8. Simplify – As you reduce your possessions, you will have less to manage. You will have more time and energy to spend on what is important to you. Change or eliminate routine activities and roles in order to reduce busyness and stress. Make choices about where and how to spend your attention, energy, time and money. Less stress and more pleasure retards the aging process.
9. Participate in your health and wellness – Proper breathing, nutrition and exercise will help your body do what you want it to do.
Follow a nutrition plan that fuels you. Make wise choices about your food, water, and supplements.
They boost the immune system, support digestion, increase energy, detoxify
the body, and more.
10. Develop a positive mindset – Acquire beliefs that give you inner peace, an optimistic outlook, gratitude and hope. Participate in experiences that inspire you to be your best and move through the aging process with dignity and grace. Face each new chapter of your life believing that something positive is a part of the next adventure.
11. Keep it light with laughter – Do something that puts a smile on your face every day. Let humor and laughter lift your mood, clear away the worry and reduce the stress held in your body. Laughter heals the body and soul.
12. Build up your resistance to stress – Discover what works to take the worry and stress out of your life. For example, appreciate the small moments of happiness, laughter and joy throughout your day. Distract yourself from a stressful situation by meeting a friend, reading a book, watching a movie, going for a walk, taking a yoga class (yoga is appropriate at any age).
Tips for Becoming a Conscious Co-Creator
1. Have gratitude every day for what is:
2. Create a compelling vision that
3. Maintain a state of high energy:
4. Remain non-attached to the outcome:
5. Develop a strategic plan based on
6. Do your best in the present moment:
7. Work smart, not hard:
8. Work with feedback:
9. Eliminate self-defeating patterns that
10. Eliminate what is draining and distracting
1. Your goal is not compelling.
2. You are draining your resources.
3. You are getting distracted.
4. You are working hard not smart.
5. You are up against an internal obstacle.
6. You are up against an external obstacle.
7. Your expectations may be unrealistic.
8. You are ignoring feedback.
9. You are not playing full out.
10. You are not making yourself a priority.
1. Be yourself and stand in your personal power
2. Know what you want in a mate and in a relationship
3. Have a positive attitude toward relationships and the sexes
4. Be open, available, and pay attention to possibilities
5. Make decisions with your body, head, heart, and soul
6. Have the courage to say no to what you don't want
7. Be patient for the right one to show up; then for a relationship to develop
8. Put yourself in situations and environments where you might meet him/her
9. Use strategies and tactics on the "singles scene" that feel right for you
10. Cultivate a network of other successful singles
Accomplish extraordinary success within a brief period of time.
You can reach me at Sandra@Co-CreativeCoach.com or 813-994-2297